Ubuntu Mobloquer Problematic daemon status1

I ran into an interesting problem today with my peer blocker of choice MoBlock, with Mobloquer as the front end. Trying to start MoBlock was successful for a moment and then it would shut itself down with the error “Problematic daemon status:1”. I have been using this application for a few years now and have never come across this problem before.

This has the simplest fix. All I needed was one command.

sudo blockcontrol force-update

Once that has completed I started MoBlock without a problem. After doing some research, it seems that this command can fix all kinds of issue you could be having. I would start with this command whenever you run into issues with MoBlock.

Built with Jekyll using the KeepItSimple Theme